Note from admin: The forum software has been upgraded, however the theme/styles require maintenance. Please be patient as we work to restore them.

Photo
- - - - -

"Saturday Night Live" Gala - The Blues Brothers - Feb. 26, 2011

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

The Woodland, Texas—The Center for the Performing Arts at The Woodlands, home of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, hosts the“Saturday Night Live” gala Feb. 26, 2011, at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Musical guests The Blues Brothers starring Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi, take the stage for the event, benefiting The Pavilion’s Endowment Campaign. The evening includes exquisite food and wine, and guests are encouraged to dress as their favorite SNL character.

Posted Image

"Saturday Night Live" Gala with The Blues Brothers Benefiting The Pavilion | The Paper Magazine

;)

#2 TakkunEG

TakkunEG
  • Moderators
  • 2,449 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

Bah, another one of these fundraisers.

Tables of 10 at “Saturday Night Live”are priced from $5,000 for a “Spartan Cheerleaders” table to $50,000 for a “Blues Brothers” table. Other table levels include “Wayne’s World” for $10,000, “The Killer Bees” for $15,000 and “The Coneheads” for $25,000. Individual tickets are $500. Other sponsorships are available.

Practically in my backyard again too. Stupid Houstonians...

tumblr_lss8uwPU3A1qbswcdo1_500_zps36bcf7

#3 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

CRIPES!! I hadn't noticed those prices. The $500 table is the Land Shark table lol.

The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Official Website :: Gala Sponsorship & Tables

I like the poster!

Posted Image

;)

#4 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

There was a preview party for this gala on October 28th (I did not know that). I guess it was for, among other things, to show some of the items available for what might be a silent auction, or something. I like this one ... "Sushi with Belushi." :eek:

Posted Image

Saturday Night Live! Gala Preview Party - a set on Flickr

:BB:

#5 nacho108

nacho108
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationLos Mochis,Sinaloa

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

more good news for 2011
we are on a mission from god , and the mission is music Elwood J. Blues August 1st, 1980 im Elliot Jack Blues[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 mamatried01

mamatried01
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGun Barrel City, TX

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:47 AM

Wow, thats just down the road. Wish I could afford a plate. lol Wonder if they'd let me in if I showed up with a BM.

#7 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Wonder if they'd let me in if I showed up with a BM.

It's worth a try! :BB: I just read another article about the gala and the cheapest tables are $500 per person not $500 per table like I was foolishly thinking earlier lol. It's a pricey event.

"Mahvelous" Live Auction Items at The Pavilion's "Saturday Night Live" Gala | The Paper Magazine

http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/forum2/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_cool.gif

#8 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

This bash is in 5 days.

“With a theme like Saturday Night Live featuring a performance by Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi as The Blues Brothers, this event will be the party of the year,”

'Saturday Night Live' gala set for Saturday Woodlands Texas Entertainment, Arts & Music News on Woodlands Online

;)

#9 nacho108

nacho108
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationLos Mochis,Sinaloa

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

tonight ony!
we are on a mission from god , and the mission is music Elwood J. Blues August 1st, 1980 im Elliot Jack Blues[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

Well the event raised a bunch of money but I still haven't found a pic of Elwood and Zee from that night.

The“Saturday Night Live”gala featured musical guests The Blues Brothers starring Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi. The duo put on a spectacular show featuring such hits as “Soul Man,” “Sweet Home, Chicago,” “Messin’ with the Kid” and more. Many guests were able to join The Blues Brothers on stage, dancing and singing the blues.

Pavilion's ?Saturday Night Live? Gala Raises Nearly $400,000 | The Paper Magazine

;)

#11 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

Here's one pic so far ...

[IMG2]http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j461/SteamMcQueen/P1/P2/bb360.jpg[/IMG2]

Belushi & Aykroyd headline The Woodlands' party of the year - CultureMap Houston

:)

#12 2FAB

2FAB
  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Anybody else think it looks like Dan Aykroyd has lost some weight? Maybe for the new Ghostbusters movie... and hopefully a new Blues Brothers movie after that!! :)

#13 james cotton

james cotton
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAnniston Ala

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

yes i think he's lost some weight, can't tell about Jim , I really dig Jims stuffon tv, I'd love to see him in in a BBors remake with Dan, and gost busters could be really sharp, if done right , now with all theCGI stuff,what would they use as the BM cars?

#14 ectoblues19

ectoblues19
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

Agreed! That's the first thing I noticed about the pic! Maybe he lost weight for bb3 like he had to for BB2K :BB:

#15 JaviBluesStantz

JaviBluesStantz
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:12 AM

There are any vids from thay day? I'd love to see them!
And I'm really happy, if Dan's loosing weight, it means that GB3 and maybe BB3 actually ARE going to be made.

#16 ChAnOoD_bLuEs

ChAnOoD_bLuEs
  • Members
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

if Dan's loosing weight, it means that GB3 and maybe BB3 actually ARE going to be made.

Or maybe he just wants to keep in shape and avoid health problems... :BB:
David Buceta
Capitan Pepinillo

#17 JolietJane

JolietJane
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

And I'm really happy, if Dan's loosing weight, it means that GB3 and maybe BB3 actually ARE going to be made.

I LOVE this theory. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I had eight years with John, and we had a ball every second, we had a ball. [...] I just hope he's waiting for me on the other side. I'm sure he will be." - Dan Aykroyd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users