Note from admin: The forum software has been upgraded, however the theme/styles require maintenance. Please be patient as we work to restore them.

Photo
- - - - -

WORST part of movie-BB2000

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#161 JacobSteinAFM

JacobSteinAFM
  • Members
  • 1,388 posts
  • LocationLand of Lincoln

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

Dan and John Landis were most likely pressured by studio executives at Universal to add goofy/cheesy moments and characters in order to appeal to a wider audience...which meant drawing in more money. Needless to say, it failed. If they both had it their own way, I'm sure the movie's outcome would've been much better.
I would like. To feed your fingertips. To the wolverines.

#162 Brother Zee

Brother Zee
  • Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationCincinnati Oh.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

ya know what, i agree, thank you, i would like to apologize to Dan "The Man"
Its not an act... Its a way of life

#163 Brother Zee

Brother Zee
  • Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationCincinnati Oh.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

Maybe thats why they had John Goodman as Mighty Mack? I believe the original idea was to introduce James Belushi as Brother Zee Blues to replace his blood brother John Belushi as Jake Blues. :BB:

the original idea was for James to be Brother Zee, a lot like Jake, but can play the harp, but sadly Jim had another show when asked.:BB:

#164 JacobSteinAFM

JacobSteinAFM
  • Members
  • 1,388 posts
  • LocationLand of Lincoln

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

I think it's odd how Buster seems like a character that was meant to make the movie appeal to kids, but has him watching "exotic dancers" and trying to smoke a cigarette. That doesn't sit right with me.
I would like. To feed your fingertips. To the wolverines.

#165 Brother Zee

Brother Zee
  • Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationCincinnati Oh.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

not to mention stealing or cussing

#166 Johnny Friendly

Johnny Friendly
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationFairview, OR

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:08 AM

The worst is no explanation as to how Jake died in prison without Elwood knowing about it. I mean come on, they're brothers and probably shared the same cell. Never any mention of him being sick or murdered so...? Would have loved if Jim played Jake or even yes the Zee character but connecting him to Curtis might have been tricky but I would have favored that over a useless character (Buster) and one who seemed like a mirror of Belushi (Mac). Elwood, Cab and Zee/Jake would have been perfect for me. I give Dan points for trying but his strengths seem to lie in Ghostbusters these days.

#167 Giggity

Giggity
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:53 AM

The worst part, as already mentioned, was where they drove underwater across the river and were they remote control their car.

#168 boltswagon123

boltswagon123
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Locationyour moms house

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

no joliet jake so in a way the whole movie
"GOT MY CHEESE WHIZ BOY?"

#169 flcl64

flcl64
  • Members
  • 224 posts
  • Location1060 W. Addison

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

i thought it was weird that the only picture of Cab they could find, was a screenshot of the 1st movie, looking in a random direction ready to shake jakes hand.
or the woman cop kept asking him "none of your damn buisness" questions with an awkward infliction.
What did he mean by little brother?
What instrument do you play?
its kinda lol
but besides the crap acting and the crap story, the music was great! and thats what the Blues boy's are all about.

#170 flcl64

flcl64
  • Members
  • 224 posts
  • Location1060 W. Addison

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

PS. does anyone know where to get the mp3 of the theme when theyre driving, or getting chased by the russians?
song names atleast?

#171 Belushi87

Belushi87
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

it had its good moments and its weaker moments. i was just happy to see the old band together.

#172 Blueblood

Blueblood
  • Moderators
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationDirectly in front of monitor.

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

PS. does anyone know where to get the mp3 of the theme when theyre driving, or getting chased by the russians?
song names atleast?

Gumpstumper - Ben Vaughn

I'd just poke around online to find it......

#173 Jo_Pierce

Jo_Pierce

Blues Sister

• Members
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

Speaking of the Blumo underwater... how is the old girl lately, Blue?

othercar.jpg

#174 obama6493

obama6493
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationobama6493

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

The zombies may not have been great, but I like the song and the cool dance moves. That's just my opinion :BB:

There is an ending to Blues Brothers 2000, it's just very subtle.
Elwood tells Buster to put on his seatbelt, then puts his own on. It shows that Elwood has matured and is acting like a father figure to Buster.

I agree with Gotmycheesewhiz: I didn't like the part where Cab gets "enlightened" and flies through the top of the tent...I guess he must be infinitely more enlightened than Jake, because at least he stayed on the ground.

And I didn't like the stupid green zombie part, either, although the song was quite well-done.

#175 Blueblood

Blueblood
  • Moderators
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationDirectly in front of monitor.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

Speaking of the Blumo underwater... how is the old girl lately, Blue?

She's old enough to drink, vote and smoke! 21!

#176 Mighty Phil

Mighty Phil
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

I don't feel bad with BB2; perharps the worst moment is the way Cal is enlightened, too much.
I like the zombie scene, the song is not blues but very good and remember it is located in Lousiana and Queen Mousett is a witch, so...

#177 BlueAgate

BlueAgate
  • Members
  • 892 posts
  • LocationRock Hall Maryland USA

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

I wasn't real thrilled with Buster but after you watch the movie a few times he begins to grow on you LOL! :BB:
Sue Schmitt

"Its got a cop motor, a four hundred forty cubic inch plant, its got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks, it was a model made before catalytic converters so it will run good on regular gas. Whadda ya say? Is it the new Blues Mobile or what? Fix the cigarette lighter!"

#178 Belford_Blues

Belford_Blues
  • Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationDurango

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

From the minute 1... to the end... LOL, sorry, didn´t like it.
Posted Image"We┬┤re on a mission from God!"
Posted Image

#179 victory12

victory12
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationwashington

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

Most of it was dreadful, the kid was a poor actor and just ruined the Blues Brother spirit.

That Queen person tha turns them into rats/zombies is abit to far.

I really wasn't keen on that film.

I think when the Bluesmobile went under water was a way bit too far. I mean, I know its a special car and all, but without at least a snorkel on the car (for the engine to get air; like some Hummers, Jeeps and Land Rovers have) there is NO WAY the car coulda been under water, and even with a snorkel it wouldnt be able to go under THAT far. Not to mention that there woulda been tons of water in the car even with the windows and doors closed. A car is not an air tight seal.

Edited by victory12, 10 November 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#180 Nicholas J Blues

Nicholas J Blues
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLake Wales, Fl

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

Elwood tells Buster to put on his seatbelt, then puts his own on. It shows that Elwood has matured and is acting like a father figure to Buster.

No parts I really hate, except it was too "light". Completely lost the gritty Chicago feel of the original.

Most of it was dreadful, the kid was a poor actor and just ruined the Blues Brother spirit.

There was a lot I didn't like about the film.
The submarining car was dumb.
Cab's 'enlightenment' was over the top.

I can't believe how blind you are!
First: Elwood is getting older. I'm assuming he has no kids. No legacy. His carrer and life would have no everlasting affect on earth. Thats where buster comes in. The next generation of bluesmen.
Second: if you want a exactly copy of the first movie then don't watch the second!
Third:in th first one the car does back flips and jake and el live how does that happen.?!?
Forth: "over the top?" jake see the light and goes on a front flip marathon and elwood goes on a USA march.
But this is my opinion. So dont get a defensive I'm just assessing the film with young and fresh eyes.
If there was a stupid scene it is the puff ball attack by far.
In Blues We Trust - The Blues Are Back And They Don't Bother Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users