Note from admin: The forum software has been upgraded, however the theme/styles require maintenance. Please be patient as we work to restore them.

Photo
- - - - -

Dan's Bottle Signing Schedule

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Bismo

Bismo
  • Members
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

No one has ever said a bad word about their Blumo. Unfortunately they came along right at the same time as that Clarksdale thread where we were kinda tearing that Blumo apart ONLY because it was claimed to have been a movie car.

Funny you mention that, I know you'd asked if I was gonna go see the C'Dale car when we were down there two weeks ago... we didn't. But a friend of mine who works at the Ground Zero Blues Club mentioned it to me while I was visiting and passed on the claim, "Apparently it was an actual movie car." Needless to say I enlightened him!
Keep the Faith -

Bismo "Traveling" Beerbelly
www.hailthetiki.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#42 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

Needless to say I enlightened him!

Nice! Another soul saved.

:D
---

From Pittsburgh ...

Posted Image

Ghostbusters Star Promotes Vodka At Shadyside Store - Entertainment News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

With fans clad in flight suits and proton packs, PA Wine & Spirit Store on Penn Circle looked more like a Comic-Con convention than a place of business.

YouTube - WPXI - 'Ghostbusters' Star Dan Aykroyd In Pittsburgh, Signing Bottles Of Crystal Head Vodka

http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/forum2/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_cool.gif

#43 BluesBrotherstoo

BluesBrotherstoo
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hey there, ya it was a lot of fun. Should have seen all the camera's and cell phones taking our pictures as we walked into the liquor store. We stayed there for just about 3 hours signing all sorts of things, like Blues Brothers original records, hats, shirts, video movie cassettes, posters and anything else the people brought down to have Dan Sign. They all wanted their pictures with us and the Blues Mobile Too. Made headlines (front page) of several local newspapers. Actually had sore wrists from signing. Don't know how Dan does it, there were literally hundreds of fans in line the whole time, just waiting for Dan's autograph. We have a couple bottles of his various products all signed by him. Won't open them, will keep them. But the best is the signature on the dash of the Blues Mobile for sure. Don't know how to preserve it so it doesn't fade or get rubbed out. Any suggestions? I'll try to take a photo of it and post it on the site in the near future. Thanks to all for such positive comments ... Blues Brothers Too

#44 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

From Binny's in Bolingbrook ...

Posted Image

Dan Aykroyd signs bottles of his vodka in Bolingbrook — Bolingbrook news, photos and events — TribLocal.com

“We’re going to take care of all your Christmas shopping today,” Aykroyd told the crowd.

YouTube - Dan Aykroyd signing Crystal Head Vodka

http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/forum2/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_cool.gif

#45 mpr933

mpr933
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:15 PM

Dan actually signed up to 3 items but most people did not bring anything. I brought a Blues Brothers poster just in case and he signed it for me.
Posted Image

So Dan will be at Binny's in Bolingbrook this Friday afternoon from 1 until 3. That's around 40 minutes from downtown Chicago. And it looks like that night he'll be at Zanies Comedy Club, 1548 North Wells, Chicago. He'll be doing the vodka thing and then introducing that evenings act, Larry Reeb. Here's a link to the Club and a short vid of Larry Reeb performing at Zanies last year.

ZANIES COMEDY CLUB - Chicago

YouTube - Comedian Larry Reeb

Hmmm, I just noticed that Dan will only be signing vodka bottles at this Binny's. Nothing else. I guess they're expecting long lines?

Binny's Beverage Depot - Wine, Spirits & Beer Since 1947

Edited by mpr933, 21 December 2010 - 12:27 PM.
Added picture

#46 HumanBiped

HumanBiped
  • Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationNorwood, Ohio

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

I just picked up an autographed bottle from the Party Source in Newport, KY. They had them locked up in the back, and they were $65 for an autographed one and $40 for a regular bottle, so I went for the autographed one! So this makes the 2nd autographed item I have with Aykroyd's real signature, but I've still never met him...................

#47 Belushi87

Belushi87
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

i came soo close in meeting him, but things didnt work out.

#48 Johnny Friendly

Johnny Friendly
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationFairview, OR

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

I just picked up an autographed bottle from the Party Source in Newport, KY. They had them locked up in the back, and they were $65 for an autographed one and $40 for a regular bottle, so I went for the autographed one! So this makes the 2nd autographed item I have with Aykroyd's real signature, but I've still never met him...................

That's not a bad price. They go for $50 here in Portland, OR and only a $15 increase for a signed one is a good price. Hope they can confirm its real, his scribble-like autograph is easy to copy.
Posted Image

#49 Johnny Friendly

Johnny Friendly
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationFairview, OR

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Thought I'd post a pic of when Dan came to my corner of the world back on September 27th of last year. This is the best photo showing how long of a line formed at the liquor store and this was about two hours into the event, he stayed longer than the expected three. My friend's and I already had our turn in line but we hung around to get Dan to sign my Blumo, which he did. Also is a link to a video of him signing the Blumo, it's short but it's proof! :BB:

YouTube - Dan Aykroyd Crystal Head Vodka Tour 1/27/10

Posted Image

Edited by Rune31, 25 January 2011 - 01:50 AM.

Posted Image

#50 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Here's a signing from two weeks ago that I don't think was mentioned at the Crystal Head website. They seem to be maintaining their level of mediocrity over there.
---

Sweet poster!

Posted Image

:BB:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
---

YouTube - Meeting Dan Aykroyd
YouTube - Meeting Dan Aykroyd 2

YouTube - DAN AYKROYD

#51 ElwoodBlues II

ElwoodBlues II
  • Banned
  • 96 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

Anyone know if he will be anywhere in July?
"The Lord works in mysterious ways".

#52 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Anyone know if he will be anywhere in July?

Keep an eye out for the Headmobile. :eek:

Posted Image

Here's some pics of it ...

Flickr: Jack Engel's Photostream

#53 Lord Vadus

Lord Vadus
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationWaukesha, WI

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Is there a posted schedule somewhere for 2011?
Chad K.

1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible - Being Restored
1974 Dodge Monaco Brougham - Beautiful Black Survivor
1974 Dodge Monaco Custom - Green Bluesmobile To-Be
1975 Bricklin SV-1 #2645; Safety Red
1981 DeLorean DMC-12 #1265 AT; Undergoing Restoration
1981 DeLorean DMC-12 #1601 5-Speed; 4 Year Extensive Restoration, Stock Form; License plate: "DRACULA"

I've inadvertently built a garage of cars from '80's movies and TV.

#54 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Is there a posted schedule somewhere for 2011?

The official website is brutal for the appearance schedule. 9 times out of 10 you'll read about Dan's upcoming signings here, before they even list it on the website. And now it looks like the website doesn't even have the 'upcoming schedule' anymore ??

Crystal Head Vodka - The next step is your first step
---

Aside from Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters, here's the type of people that show up at the signings -

Posted Image

:BB:

#55 YicklePigeon

YicklePigeon
  • Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

I'd just read the news article about how the 21,000 bottles disappeared. Hell of a drinking song! Would be nice if there'd be visits to the UK, I'd certainly buy one. Bargain for what it is quite frankly... :BB:

Regards,

Yickle

Edited by YicklePigeon, 16 May 2011 - 02:02 AM.
Repeated a news link *snip* :)

#56 Canaan G

Canaan G
  • Members
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

I remember posing for that. I still have the costume!
Always on the Run!

#57 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:49 AM

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.

Dan Aykroyd, the famed actor/comedian/writer/musician, will sign pre-purchased bottles of Crystal Head vodka from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, June 30 at the wine and spirits store in the Crest Plaza Shopping Center on Cedar Crest Boulevard in South Whitehall.

Posted Image

Actor Dan Aykroyd to appear during 'bottle signing' in South Whitehall Township | lehighvalleylive.com

Dan Aykroyd Coming to Local Vodka Event - Nazareth, PA Patch

#58 HumanBiped

HumanBiped
  • Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationNorwood, Ohio

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

So, Dan is coming to Jungle Jims in the Cincinnati area (where I live), but it's a little lame..... and I'm kinda angry that he's being way corporate about this:

http://www.junglejims.com/events/dan_aykroyd.asp

I'm not understanding why you can't bring anything else to sign. I mean, I already have an autographed bottle of Crystal Skull vodka, I don't need another one. I'd like to meet him and have him sign something else, and they have a VIP thing also....... it's a little rediculous.

Thoughts everyone????

#59 mpr933

mpr933
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 1:00pm
Frugal MacDoogal, Fort Mill, South Carolina

Friday, October 21 · 1:00pm - 3:30pm
Mecklenburg County ABC Store #4
125 Cherry Street
Charlotte, North Carolina

Sunday, October 23, 2011 at 12:00pm
Sam's Club Freehold,NJ, Freehold, NJ

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 5:00pm
Yankee Spirits Inc, Attleboro, Massachusetts

Edited by mpr933, 20 October 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#60 Bismo

Bismo
  • Members
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 5:00pm
Yankee Spirits Inc, Attleboro, Massachusetts

Hmmm, smack in the middle of my 2-11pm shift but I've gotta figure a way to get to this one!!

- Bis
Keep the Faith -

Bismo "Traveling" Beerbelly
www.hailthetiki.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users