Note from admin: The forum software has been upgraded, however the theme/styles require maintenance. Please be patient as we work to restore them.

Photo
- - - - -

A Blues Brothers music video idea

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 beacky278

beacky278
  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

I was thinking of making a music video on the comupter with different scenes from the blues brothers to the song Higher and Higher by Jackie Wilson

i was thinking of something like this:

(beginning of song)
(black backround, fades OnScreen: 'K&R productions presents' fades away, fades onscreen: 'The Good Life'(under)'The friendship of Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi' (as lyrics come in)

Your love liftin me higher
(fade in of Jake and Elwood inside hotel, infront of room)

Then I've ever been lifted before
(cut to scene when they're walking to phone booth)

So keep it up quench my desire
(fade to Bobs Coutnry Bunker when at bar and sipping beer)

And I'll be at you're side forever more
(cut to Jake tumbling down stairs at Orphanage and elwood running to his side)

Full Chorus
(Various scenes of Jake and Elwood dancing in church/church choir singing, at 'Higher and Higher', scenes of people flipping and jumping into air)

I have thought of what Im going to do for the entire song, but i have NNNOOO clue on how to do any of the construction. i dont know how to put the movie on computer, do the different scenes, timing right with the song, NOTHING. So...if anyone knows how, I'd like to hear from you. maybe i could tell you the ideas over email and you could cut it together, or I'll try some of my relatives, trhey're good with this kind of stuff....

anyway, what do you think of my idea?
Posted Image

#2 JakeandElwood1

JakeandElwood1
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • LocationPa.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

I think it sounds great. I hope you can figure out how to do it and once you do I would love to see. Please keep me updated!!!!!
Posted Image

#3 JolietChick

JolietChick
  • Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

Hey Becky, great idea for a music video incorporating the song "higher and higher" with the blues brothers! i love the idea. I do not know how to make a music video at all; which happens to me too much cause i get all kinds of video ideas to make. I can say that your idea rocks and here is one idea for ya when the lyrics say: "With my loving arms around you"- show the scene from the beginning jake and elwood hugging? whatcha think? If you need any help thinking up other ideas for the music video i am all ears. I would love in my life sometime to put certain music with scenes in films etc etc (and or write for films/tv one day.)

"Elwoooodddd!"-Jake

'How much for the little girl? The women how much for your women? I want to buy your women, the little girl.... Sell me, sell me your women!'-Joliet Jake at Chez Paul's

#4 beacky278

beacky278
  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

hhmm...well, with the new news of the producer of Bonus Features on the 25th aniversery DVD wanting fans to send in stuff, maybe I can pitch my idea to her, with an email or letter or something

I was also thinking that! With the hug thing i mean. i was thinking of having something like this:

Yes that one in a million girls
(Mystery woman closeup in sewers)

And I whip my loving arms around you
(Jake embrasing mystery woman, cut to Jake and elwood hugging)

so like half would be of jake and the mystery woman and half would be of them hugging
Posted Image

#5 beacky278

beacky278
  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

ok, I sent her an email telling her my idea. I hope she responds ^^ so exciting
Posted Image

#6 beacky278

beacky278
  • Members
  • 677 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:26 PM

Woah, speedy response. Ok, heres what I got back from her:

Thank you for your thoughts Rebecca.

At this point - the piece that Universal has approved and are funding is entitled "Transposing The Music" and it features
interviews from people involved in the making of the original movie - plus images, pictures, toys, merchandise, etc.
from and by fans.
If you have a picture and/ or artwork inspired by the Blues Brothers - and would like to share it with us - we'd love to
see it.
The concept is we will have a Blues Hall wall where we'll feature artwork & inspiration from the fans.

Thank you Rebecca,

Lisa O'Brien

I guess it's just not something they're looking for =( oh well, i guess I can keep looking around here for people who can help. So...can anyone?
Posted Image

#7 JakeandElwood1

JakeandElwood1
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • LocationPa.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:10 PM

Well I liked the idea. I am sending in a video to see if I can make it on the DVD. How awesome would that be?? Like I said I love your whole music video idea!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users