Note from admin: The forum software has been upgraded, however the theme/styles require maintenance. Please be patient as we work to restore them.

Photo
- - - - -

Cop Car Crashes in BB2000

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MLStrand56

MLStrand56
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOrmoc City, Leyte

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

How many Cop Cars were crashed in BB2000? Wikipedia (Blues Brothers 2000) says that in ONE crash sequence, 60 cars were crashed. No mention of the TOTAL number crashed in the whole movie.

Yes, I searched the forum & only found 2 mentions of BB2000 car crashes.

Thanx!!!

MLStrand56

#2 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:32 PM

I'd say the record for most wrecked cars in a movie belongs to The Junkman.

The BB2000 Wikipedia claim, whoever made that claim, is ridiculous. Check this out ... the greatest behind the scenes BB2000 photo album anywhere on the web. And it's right here!! Courtesy of Bill Boyd.

There's nowhere near 60 cars here ...

Pileup on Argentia.... on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

:???:

#3 MLStrand56

MLStrand56
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOrmoc City, Leyte

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

Wasn't asking about the most wrecked cars in a movie. Only Cop Cars in BB2000.

"Right Here", Where?

Mark in Ormoc

I'd say the record for most wrecked cars in a movie belongs to The Junkman.

The BB2000 Wikipedia claim, whoever made that claim, is ridiculous. Check this out ... the greatest behind the scenes BB2000 photo album anywhere on the web. And it's right here!! Courtesy of Bill Boyd.

There's nowhere near 60 cars here ...

Pileup on Argentia.... on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

;)

#4 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:43 AM

"Right Here", Where?

Did you click the link in post #2? Those are the best BB2000 cop car pics you'll see anywhere. Bill is a member here. I don't recall him ever mentioning exactly how many cop cars were crashed. 60 is too high.

http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/forum2/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_cool.gif

#5 Elwood Jake

Elwood Jake
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

BB still holds the record for the most cop cars ever crashing in a movie I don't no about BB2000 though!!
Shake a tail feather!!!!:BB::BB::BB::BB:

#6 mad-wolfie

mad-wolfie
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationStoke on Trent (UK)

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:45 AM

BB still holds the record for the most cop cars ever crashing in a movie I don't no about BB2000 though!!

I thought BB2K broke the record set in the 1st, which is of course a world record.

Although i'm sure i heard a couple of weeks back that a new film is to/has come out that has now broken that world record.... probably that new fast & Furious film

#7 bbcentral

bbcentral
  • Administrators
  • 4,520 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:24 AM

Although i'm sure i heard a couple of weeks back that a new film is to/has come out that has now broken that world record.... probably that new fast & Furious film

I heard on Top Gear recently that it was the "GI Joe" movie, with 112 cars.
When I look it up online, the producer says "we beat the record set by the Blues Brothers, which was 103 cars".

They seem to be referring to the original movie, nobody seems to mention BB2K for some reason (unless they mean the "blues brothers franchise").
Chris Rossi
Senior Administrator
Blues Brothers Central
http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com
Twitter | Facebook

#8 mad-wolfie

mad-wolfie
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationStoke on Trent (UK)

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

I heard on Top Gear recently that it was the "GI Joe" movie, with 112 cars.

now you mention it, i think that is where i heard it.

interesting point though, that they seemed to forget the crash scene in BB2K

although from Wikipedia

Following its predecessor, The Blues Brothers 2000 made a record in the Guinness Book of Records, for the biggest car pile up, a record previously held by the original film. Approximately 60 cars were used in the scene after Elwood says to the band "Don't look back." Inevitably, they look back and see the massive pile-up.

#9 vicious

vicious
  • Validating
  • 776 posts
  • LocationRetie

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:11 AM

Why discuss who beat who in the record? Just remember that the pile up in the two movies is amazing and funny. The pile up in the second movie was shown here on television one time when one of the journalists ask a police officer if they ever had a situation like that. Of course he said no and the clip was shown. I missed it but saw it afterwarts because my grandfather taped it. Sienna Millers said that there were 112 cars destroyed, but i can't read nowhere that they beat the record.
"Hey Jake... gotta be at least seven dollars worth of change here!":BB:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

GI Joe? :P Lots of CGI and stuff in movies these days.

YouTube - G.I Joe - Car chase (whole scene)

CAUTION: Reading the following may make you believe it ... :o

In fact, GI Joe now holds the record for having destroyed the most cars in a movie – a record previously held by The Blues Brothers which totalled 103 cars

GI Joe trashes car smash record - Auto Trader UK - Features - News and Reviews Hub

Crazy stuff.

'destroyed' may also be in the eye of the beholder. The movie I mentioned earlier, The Junkman, claimed 150 cars destroyed. It was a movie made before the multiple camera angle so it was easy to count on regular gas. :BB: lol so I counted them. The Junkman damaged or destroyed over 70 cars. I truly believe this movie holds the record for most cars crashed.

Posted Image

BUT, like 'Elwood Jake' mentioned, I'd say The Blues Brothers crashed more cop cars than any other movie. BB2000 and Smokey and the Bandit 2 rounding out the top-3, for cop cars crashed. :o

I love them there car stunts, the BB2000 scene is among the most incredible car/crash sequences ever filmed!!

Âèäåî@Mail.Ru: @GAP.ru : all this old/// : Blues Brothers 2000: Car Crash

:-D:BB:

#11 Steam McQueen

Steam McQueen
  • Members
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

So in summary ... *L:DL* ...

The Blues Brothers - Maximum 40 cop cars crashed (That's being generous)

BB2000 - Around 25 cop cars crashed. Multiple angles, just watching that clip again last night I counted one car 4 different times! Brilliant editing, but realistically no more than 25 cars crashed in that sequence. (Also generous)

Smokey II - I'd have to rent this again and count the cop cars from that wide-open session of carnage. It may rival BB2000. Could be really close there actually.

The GI Joe claim is too ridiculous for even another moments thought.

The Junkman, folks. Not all the cars were "wrecked" in the Junkman, but there were 72 vehicles creased, damaged or totalled. Plus some trailers and an airplane haha. The Junkman crashed more cars than any other movie in the history of this planet.

Sorry to put you asleep there ... HEY wake up!! :-D Get posting!

http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/forum2/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_cool.gif:BB:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users