Note from admin: The forum software has been upgraded, however the theme/styles require maintenance. Please be patient as we work to restore them.

Photo
- - - - -

Sold - USA: 1977 Royal Monaco Bluesmobile (Florida)

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 dixiesquare

dixiesquare
  • Members
  • 3,850 posts
  • Locationchicago burbs

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:02 PM

to let sit for a week is fine , but .... this car is 30 years old and has only 14 k on it and the seller says EVERYTHING except the battery and tire are original . so it has had to sit for long extended peroids of time !!! that is not good for any car !!

if it had more of a realistic mileage on it say in the 100k plus then thats different .

you say you park yours for a week or so at a time , heres an experament for you to do , next time you let it sit for that amount of time or longer , take a lookat the front disc'c for the brakes , i will gaurantee you they will be rusted over.

so imagine how the rest of the parts look on the inside of the one this person is trying to seel with 14 k on it

my dads friend had a beautifull 56 dodge pick up sitting in his garage for years , when he wanted to repaint and restore it , we had to replace every piece of rubber hose , every gasket , and rebuild the motor and trans because of the build up in it . let alone the amount of rust and corosion that built up inside of the frame .

it is a beautifull car as i said but for it to have that low miles on it , and the age it is , and most of all what it is , after all it is just a dodge , royal monaco yes , but just a dodge , nothing fancy about them , they were just a car here .

i say this nicely and not to hurt any one's feelings , but if it wasnt for the blues brothers using a monaco in the movie these cars would have been forgotten years ago .
" Just trying to make everyone feel welcome " !

"Oh life is like a maze of doors and they all open from the side you're on
Just keep on pushing hard boy, try as you may
You're going to wind up where you started from "

#22 antblues

antblues
  • Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:02 AM

Hi

Thanks for that, like all these things if they wld have not used the gran torino for starsky and hutch that wld have been forgotten long time ago too.

Just have to keep an eye on these pipes etc.

ANT
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
www.bluesmobilehire.com
A little bit of Jake and a pinch of Elwood = Ant Blues

#23 alabamablues

alabamablues
  • Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationHuntsville

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:13 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Monaco-Blues-Brothers-The-Bluesmobile_W0QQitemZ330140171262QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6210QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw this car on Ebay a little bit ago...Thought I would share the link.
$8000 ? Woo, a little high for my taste but the car does look really good...Wasn't this car listed before for a big price?
Justin

#24 Bismo

Bismo
  • Members
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

This is the same Florida car that sparked debate over the price over the winter, I believe... '74 front end grafted onto a '75 Royal. My brother talked with the guy and though it's been a bit out of his price range too the car sounds very solid and very well done. Certainly worth considering at least!
Keep the Faith -

Bismo "Traveling" Beerbelly
www.hailthetiki.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#25 Scott

Scott
  • Members
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:08 AM

eBay description says '74 front end grafted onto 77' Royal.

#26 alabamablues

alabamablues
  • Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationHuntsville

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

Oh yeah, I remember now. That car did cause quit a debate and hopefully it wont again...
It does look solid but after selling 5 Bluesmobiles myself, I have never even considered a price higher that $4500...That's just me though and I aint no professional...
BTW, I am shipping my 1976 Monaco to the winning bidder off ebay next week. Total selling price on it was $4000 plus shipping...
I aint complaining...I got a sweet 74 now and I believe I am retiring from buying and selling these things unless I break my leg and can't perform again! lol
Peace, Justin

#27 El-Wood

El-Wood
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationDuesseldorf

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:10 PM

It's on ebay... and it is the nicest beauty I've ever seen:

Posted Image

#28 Mike

Mike
  • Members
  • 863 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

Why not? Its great condition.

#29 dugalblues

dugalblues
  • Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationPort Hope, Ontario

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:23 AM

Would make a GREAT bluesmobile ...... too bad it has a green interior and not a tan one ........
Cheers
8)

#30 jolietpaul106

jolietpaul106
  • Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

If it's the right car then why not make it into a Bluesmobile?? I would.
I Need more cowbell!! I got a fever...and the only cure is more cowbell!!Posted Image

#31 Scott

Scott
  • Members
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Interior can be changed if you're determined enough.

The car does indeed look in awesome shape, and it is more deserving to be turned into a Bluesmobile than many of the vehicles that are turned into Bluesmobiles.

#32 59 strat

59 strat
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMississippi home of the Blues

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

If you dont want it turned into a bluesmobile,why are you puting it on here?Im so confused . 59 strat.

#33 TakkunEG

TakkunEG
  • Moderators
  • 2,449 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

WOW. That exterior is pretty nice! You'd almost hate to change it. I can understand where you're coming from.

tumblr_lss8uwPU3A1qbswcdo1_500_zps36bcf7

#34 ChiTownJohn

ChiTownJohn
  • Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

Smacks head w/ hand, "Again w/ the green interior....." BLAH!!!!

Thank God I just did paint most of mine and she looks 100 percent better, I even cut the dash for the radio! looks so cool man!

#35 Bismo

Bismo
  • Members
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:07 PM

Looks wonderful! It looks like a Royal, so some minor cosmetic changes to make if she's converted (rear tail lights, hood ornament, name plate on the C pillar to remove) but beautiful looking car!
Keep the Faith -

Bismo "Traveling" Beerbelly
www.hailthetiki.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#36 Shotgun Blues

Shotgun Blues
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:47 PM

I agree. Paint the mother black and white!
Jake (amen)
:BB:

#37 Stien529

Stien529
  • Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationNashua NH

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

I am bidding on this car.. When she gets home let the ripping apart begin...

jake
Nashua

#38 Blueblood

Blueblood
  • Moderators
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationDirectly in front of monitor.

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

That is sweet!! :eek:

#39 Stien529

Stien529
  • Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationNashua NH

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

I was kinda of put off by the guy selling his monaco in Flordia on Ebay last week. I was bidding on it, he had a buy in now for 8000.00, late at nite he lowered the buy it now and someone bought it. I figured he had a buyer, didn't want to get dinged by ebay for the 8grand and lowered it to 7800.oo and the guy who bought it paid something on the ebay side... Kinda sneeky for the folks that were bidding on it...... Bad taste in my mouth for those kind of ebayers..... Of course the guy that was selling his car will come on here and defend what he did and make me look like a ass for rating him out....

Jake

#40 Shotgun Blues

Shotgun Blues
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:28 PM

I talked to the seller about the Florida Bluesmobile. He seemed sincere enough. Builds racing cars for a living, and IS a fan. The car is everything he says it is. If I had the money, I would've bought it. I called him just after he pulled it the first time. He just wants it to go to a good home, and wants to get his money out of it. Just my two cents worth...
R/S
Shotgun Blues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users