Note from admin: The forum software has been upgraded, however the theme/styles require maintenance. Please be patient as we work to restore them.

Photo
- - - - -

Sold - USA: 1977 Royal Monaco Bluesmobile (Florida)

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 JacobSteinAFM

JacobSteinAFM
  • Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationLand of Lincoln

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:04 PM

Needs a lot of work-

Click here

#2 All_Or_Nothing

All_Or_Nothing
  • Members
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:07 PM

yeah...
"Tell me I'm a sinner I got news for you
I spoke to God this morning and he don't like you!"

#3 antblues

antblues
  • Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:22 PM

well if he is selling thoes extra parts i'll av em :cry:

Ant

#4 bamabluesbro

bamabluesbro
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:21 PM

Has anyone seen this rust bucket on ebay???
Click here
MY GOD! I have seen better stuff come out of a scrap pile! I can not believe he is asking $8K for a buy it now....I hope the reserve is $1.99....
If anyone bids more than $100 for that I would love to sell them what comes outta my toilet!
BENGODI, whoever that is selling, should pull the few parts off the car and seel for decent money and trash the rest, oh I forgot it is already trashed.
I just still can not believe that people can take these rust buckets out of a pile and paint them black and white and think some idiot would pay $8,000 for it!!!
Anyway, we still have a (very nice) 76 Royal if anyone is interested. It has not been camoflauged with Black and white paint to try and hide the rust and decay! Email AlabamaBlues@wmconnect.com for more info on the car.
LOL, I love this!
www.thealabamabluesbrothers.com

#5 JacobSteinAFM

JacobSteinAFM
  • Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationLand of Lincoln

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:39 PM

Better than than the "shitbox Dodge" I mentioned yesterday.

IMO, that Bluesmobile looks great! Why? Because the Bluesmobile is supposed to look worn out, dirty, and busted. But, I agree with the price. It's a little high, but there's not a lot of 74 Monacos out there and there are a lot of Blues Brothers fans that are very willing to buy this.

#6 All_Or_Nothing

All_Or_Nothing
  • Members
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:15 AM

Not that bad, it can be fixed :wink:

#7 bamabluesbro

bamabluesbro
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:40 AM

Sure it can, go ahead and pay $8,000 today then and you'll be out another $5,000 on sheet metal and bondo!!!
Man that thing is eat up! The bid is up to $800 and it is obvious he has created another ebay screen name with no feedback as the high bidder on his own car!!!
Tooo Funny.

#8 All_Or_Nothing

All_Or_Nothing
  • Members
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:42 AM

Yeah i agree with the price...
But i mean you can fix it, no problems there.. just the price as you guys said :cry:

#9 ChiTownJohn

ChiTownJohn
  • Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

That car is better than mine so I'd suggest if you can do a little mechanical work, this is your car, cheap. Or at least for now. He's right it's gonna attract attention and people will love it regardless of rust and bondo. Besides my car aint nice or authentic by any means, but i love it so who cares, someone will save this car because they want one, For sure. Hell Id by it for a spare but why deny someone else.

#10 ElwoodBlus

ElwoodBlus
  • Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationBarnegat NJ

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:58 PM

I may buy it just for a repair project. My dad collects cars so I know what I'm doing and I,ve got anything I'd need to fix 'er. Now I just need to convince my Dad.

#11 ChiTownJohn

ChiTownJohn
  • Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:09 PM

"F-N' do it! It will cost you some dough but not like he's sayin. just keep her out of the weather and it will go along time, you'll love the laughs. There is no need to do the whole car unless you realy want to, leave that to the rich folks, enjoy it while you can.

#12 ElwoodBlus

ElwoodBlus
  • Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationBarnegat NJ

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

leave that to the rich folks.

That would include me LOL. :wink:

My dad currently owns around 17 cars, around 10-12 are classics, I don't feel like counting in my head right now. Seriously, I've been looking for a project with my dad to restore a car and this could be it. We talked about a highboy or a truck but it never happened :cry: Oh well, time to beg. :D

#13 dixiesquare

dixiesquare
  • Members
  • 3,850 posts
  • Locationchicago burbs

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

its a 32 year old car that came out of some hicks front yard , what you expect it to look like ?
" Just trying to make everyone feel welcome " !

"Oh life is like a maze of doors and they all open from the side you're on
Just keep on pushing hard boy, try as you may
You're going to wind up where you started from "

#14 bamabluesbro

bamabluesbro
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

Looks like he got tired of bidding on his car...
I agree with the age of the car, but I guess I am just spoiled with these southern cars we have had, no rust and they all at least had the original metal attached and no flaking off around the whole thing.
It's just kinda stupid to list something for a $40 ebay fee and put a buy it now of $8K on it and some kinda outlandish reserve.
My God, you would think this is one of the cars from the movie with that kinda price tag up front.
I start painting the 76 tomorrow and will post photos of the completed car on our site at www.thealabamabluesbrothers.com next week or so.
If anyone is interested it may go up for sale after our use this summer or fall, and I promise not to have an $8,000 buy it now, LOLOL!!!
Peace all my blues bros!

#15 ChiTownJohn

ChiTownJohn
  • Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:32 PM

well that's very "Brotherly" of ya' But who knows what the tour may do to her eh?!

#16 Indiana_Elwood

Indiana_Elwood
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:10 AM

This is a total jewel...only 14K miles. Seems almost to nice to make into a bluesmobile...ALMOST! CLICK HERE:BB: :BB:
"1...2...3...4...5 Hundred dollars..."

#17 Indiana_Elwood

Indiana_Elwood
  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:15 AM

The reserve on this is set @ $8150.00 USD...wow! I guess if someone want's it bad enough
"1...2...3...4...5 Hundred dollars..."

#18 bbcentral

bbcentral
  • Administrators
  • 4,520 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:47 AM

Appraised by "Silver Custom Wheel" at $10,000

I guess $8150 is a bargain then :BB:

But you're right, it looks fantastic!
Chris Rossi
Senior Administrator
Blues Brothers Central
http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com
Twitter | Facebook

#19 dixiesquare

dixiesquare
  • Members
  • 3,850 posts
  • Locationchicago burbs

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:11 PM

30 years old only 14 K ?? i wonder why it has been sitting so long and why ?

a 30 year old car that is "all original " except for tires and a battery is asking for trouble if you were to start driving it . letting a car sit that long is not good for it , brake lines and fittings rust and corrode from the inside and water builds up from condensation in the lines , rubber gaskets, hoses and seals, shrink and break , and all will probley have to be replaced . gasoline turns into varnish in the tank the fuel lines and fuel pump and carb, even if you run it it still turns to varnish like substance , thick gooey and like honney ,

the inside of the engin and trans rusts and corrodes on the inside especially alumunum parts , just letting it run isnt enough, crank cam and other bearings do not seal right and rust forms on them ,anti-freeze looses its ability to cool and heat ,

granted it is a beautiful car to look at , but i wouldnt trust it to go a hundred miles befor trouble starts . i wish who ever buys it the best of luck and hope they know a good repair shop , there gonna need it !
" Just trying to make everyone feel welcome " !

"Oh life is like a maze of doors and they all open from the side you're on
Just keep on pushing hard boy, try as you may
You're going to wind up where you started from "

#20 antblues

antblues
  • Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:37 AM

Thats a bit of a **** init, i mean as u know I have one and I let mine sit for about a week sometimes b4 i start it, i mean i dunno how long things take to rust over and become all crap I hope mine is ok.

The body work on that car is amazin i must say.

ANT
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
www.bluesmobilehire.com
A little bit of Jake and a pinch of Elwood = Ant Blues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users